From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||12th century BC – 11th century BC – 10th century BC|
|Decades:||1030s BC 1020s BC 1010s BC – 1000s BC – 990s BC 980s BC 970s BC|
|Years:||1009 BC 1008 BC 1007 BC 1006 BC 1005 BC 1004 BC 1003 BC 1002 BC 1001 BC 1000 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture|
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 1006 BC—David becomes king of the ancient Israelites (traditional date).
- 1002 BC—Death of Zhou zhao wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 1001 BC—Zhou mo wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- Earliest evidence of farming in the Kenya highlands.
- c. 1000 BC—Iron Age starts.
- c. 1000 BC—Latins come to Italy from the Danube region.
- c. 1000 BC—Archaeological evidence obtained from inscriptions excavated in 2005 dates the Tamil language, a classical language spoken in India.
- c. 1000 BC—Assyrians started to conquer neighbouring regions.
- 1000 BC—World population: 50,000,000
- 1000 BC—Priene, Western Turkey is founded.
- c. 1000 BC—Hungarian separates from its closest linguistic relatives, the Ob-Ugric languages.
- c. 1000 BC—Saul.
- c. 1000 BC—Ancient Iranian peoples enter Persia.
- c. 1000 BC—Iron is introduced in Ancient India.
- c. 1000 BC—Villanovans occupy the northern and western Italy.
- Phoenician alphabet is invented.
- c. 1000 BC - Rice is cultivated in Ancient Japan.
- .c 1000 BC—Historical beginning of the peoples we later know as Illyrians
- David, king of the ancient Israelites (1006 BC–965 BC)
- Zoroaster, ancient Iranian prophet (approximate date, estimates range from 1000 BC to 600 BC)
- ^ an average of figures from different sources as listed at the US Census Bureau's Historical Estimates of World Population
- ^ The Illyrians (The Peoples of Europe) by John Wilkes, ISBN 0631198075, 1996, p. 39: "... the other hand, the beginnings of the Iron Age around 1000 BC is held to coincide with the formation of the historical Illyrian peoples. ..."