A Lesson in Romantics is the full-length debut album from American rock band Mayday Parade, released through Fearless Records. The album was released on July 10, 2007 and was produced by Zack Odom and Kenneth Mount. A day before the album's release, the entire album was put onto AOL Music for an album listening party. A Lesson in Romantics has sold upwards of 100,000 copies.
- "Jamie All Over" – 3:36
- "Black Cat" – 3:23
- "When I Get Home, You're So Dead" – 3:13
- "Jersey" – 3:29
- "If You Wanted a Song Written About You, All You Had to Do Was Ask" – 4:04
- "Miserable at Best" – 5:20
- "Walk on Water or Drown" – 3:29
- "Ocean and Atlantic" – 3:30
- "I'd Hate to Be You When People Find Out What This Song is About" – 4:01
- "Take This to Heart" – 4:07
- "Champagne's for Celebrating (I'll Have a Martini)" – 3:58
- "You Be the Anchor That Keeps My Feet on the Ground, I'll Be the Wings That Keep Your Heart in the Clouds" – 4:40
- "Just Say You're Not Into It" – 4:22 [Japanese Bonus Track]
- "Three Cheers for Five Years" – 4:53 (Acoustic) [Japanese Bonus Track]
Vocalist, guitarist and lyricist Jason Lancaster left the band before any singles were released for the album, and is therefore not in any of the music videos. This has become a common misconception by fans, who often confuse Jeremy Lenzo and Jake Bundrick for Jason Lancaster.
- When I Get Home, You're So Dead - Its music video was shot September 20 in Los Angeles, California and premiered on MySpace on November 14, 2007. Since Lancaster sings the majority of the song, Derek Sanders lip syncs Lancaster's parts and sings his own as well. Prior to the release of "When I Get Home, You're So Dead", the band used a live video to promote "Black Cat", which was believed to be the first single.
- Jamie All Over - This song is a cover of the Kid Named Chicago song with the same name. The video for the second single was shot on May 6 in New York and started playing on MTV2, MTVu, and MTV hits on July 21, 2008. Jeremy Lenzo lip syncs to Jason Lancaster's parts in the video. The final closing chorus is sung by Daniel Lancaster of Stages & Stereos, brother of Jason Lancaster. Derek Sanders lip syncs this chorus in the music video.
- Miserable At Best - The video for the third single, "Miserable at Best", was released on January 9 on the band's Myspace. In the video, Jake Bundrick lip syncs to Jason Lancaster's verses.
Other appearances of songs
"Black Cat" was selected to be featured on the official 2007 Warped Tour Compilation, while "Jamie All Over" appears on the 2008 Warped Tour Compilation.
As of January 9, the album has reached two of the Billboard charts. It debuted at number 8 after its release, to leave the chart five weeks later. After that, it returned to the chart twice. The second time, it re-entered at number 45, to slowly return into the top 10 on chart edition of January 15.