From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Full name||Adam David Lallana|
|Date of birth||10 May 1988|
|Place of birth||St Albans, England|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|2007||→ Bournemouth (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:08, 25 November 2009 (UTC).|
† Appearances (Goals).
He was a member of the Bournemouth Centre of Excellence, where his rich potential was eventually spotted by a talent scout from Southampton, with Lallana snapped up by the then-Premier League club, joining the Saints Academy as a 12–year old in 2000. Southampton paid £3,000 compensation to Bournemouth with further payments of £5,000 and £10,000 when he signed scholarship and professional contracts respectively. The contract with Southampton provides for Bournemouth to receive 25% of any transfer fee, in addition to the payments already made.
Lallana was involved in Southampton's FA Youth Cup squads of 2004-2005 and 2005-06, when they reached the final and semi-final respectively. He has played for England Under-18s, scoring on his debut against Slovenia, 18 months after undergoing an operation to correct an irregular heartbeat.
Lallana joined the first team squad in July 2006, making his debut on 23 August 2006, in a 5-2 victory over Yeovil Town, in the League Cup. On 31 October 2006 he signed a new contract to keep him at Southampton until December 2009. On 9 October 2007 he joined Bournemouth on loan for one month. On 28 April 2008, Lallana scored his first professional goal for Southampton against West Bromwich Albion in a crucial Championship clash, with a well placed finish in the bottom left corner.
He became a regular in the first team at the start of the 2008–09 season. On 29 August 2008, he signed a new three year deal with the Saints.
As a player
- 2006 FA Premier Academy League Championship
- ^ a b "Bank on Adam". Bournemouth Echo. 11 December 2008. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/3966295.BANK_ON_ADAM/. Retrieved 16 December 2008.
- ^ "Lallana signs new deal". www.saintsfc.co.uk. 31 October 2006. http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=7672. Retrieved 9 October 2007.
- ^ "Lallana on loan". www.saintsfc.co.uk. 9 October 2007. http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=9101. Retrieved 9 October 2007.
- ^ "West Brom 1-1 Southampton". BBC. 28 April 2008. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7356066.stm. Retrieved 4 September 2009.