From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Always Never the Same is the title of an album released in 1999 by American country music singer George Strait. The album produced the singles "Meanwhile", "Write This Down", and "What Do You Say to That", which respectively reached #4, #1, and #4 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) charts in 1999. The title track, "One of You" and "I Look at You" also charted in the lower regions of that chart from unsolicited airplay.
"What Do You Say to That" was also recorded by David Ball on his 1999 album Play.
- "Meanwhile" (Wayland Holyfield, Fred Knoblock) - 3:36
- "Write This Down" (Dana Hunt Oglesby, Kent Robbins) - 3:41
- "That's the Truth" (Steve Leslie, Melba Montgomery) - 3:19
- "What Do You Say to That" (Jim Lauderdale, Montgomery) - 3:04
- "Peace of Mind" (Aaron Barker, Dean Dillon) - 3:16
- "That's Where I Wanna Take Our Love" (Hank Cochran, Dillon) - 3:20
- "Always Never the Same" (Marvin Green, Terry McBride) - 3:06
- "One of You" (Kostas, Lauderdale) - 2:35
- "I Look at You" (Steve Bogard, Jeff Stevens) - 3:31
- "4 Minus 3 Equals Zero" (Lonnie Williams) - 3:11
As listed in liner notes.
Strings by The Nashville String Machine conducted and arranged by Bergen White.
- Chuck Ainlay - Engineer
- Don Cobb - digital editing
- Tony Green - 2nd Engineer
- Carlos Grier - digital editing
- Russ Martin - Overdubs
- Justin Niebank - Overdubs
- Jessie Noble - project coordinator
- Denny Purcell - Masters
- Mark Ralston - 2nd Engineer
- Tim Waters - 2nd Engineer
- Art Direction: Virginia Team
- Design: Chris Ferrara
- Photography: Mark Tucker
- ^ (1999) Album notes for Always Never the Same by George Strait [CD]. MCA Records (70050).