From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Family||Boz Scaggs (father)|
Austin Scaggs is an American music critic and a senior editor for Rolling Stone magazine. He's also written for Men's Journal. He has appeared on the MTV show, I'm From Rolling Stone. His father is musician Boz Scaggs.
Scaggs was born to Boz and Carmella Scaggs. His parents divorced in 1980, and after a three-and-a-half year battle, they were awarded joint custody.
Scaggs read Rolling Stone as a child, but never planned to go into music journalism. At nineteen, he moved from San Francisco to New York City to play guitar in a band, and began interning at Rolling Stone. He loved it and eventually began picking up small assignments. After two years, he began receiving travel assignments. Four years into his job, he was assigned the section "Random Notes," which, incidentally, had been his favorite section as a child. He has interviewed many prestigious musicians, including Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger, Ray Charles, and Justin Timberlake. Scaggs will sometimes get inebriated with the artists he interviews; he did ecstasy with James Blunt. In regards to his interviewing style, he has said that he does not "write to stir up controversy, make tabloid headlines, or get someone busted".
Scaggs plays bass.
- ^ No byline (July 3, 1988). http://www.beautifulboz.com/65951/html/page.html The Dallas Morning News c/o BeautifulBoz.com Retrieved 2007-12-03
- ^ a b c (September 12, 2007) "The Smoking Section Answers Your Questions" RollingStone.com Retrieved 2007-11-29
- ^ Fong-Torres, Ben (January 25, 2007). "He was from Rolling Stone -- he can tell you what it's really like" SFGate.com Retrieved 2007-11-29
- ^ "Scurrilous: Chicago's No. 1 Couch Potato". Chicago Sun-Times. Sep 27, 2007. FindArticles.com. 29 Nov. 2007. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20070927/ai_n21025816
- ^ Reiter, Amy (December 17, 1999). "Rack of hams" Salon.com Retrieved 2007-11-29
- ^ Abowitz, Richard (September 09, 2007). "What's $3,000 if you're a Killer? Flowers snubs Scaggs" LATimes.com Retrieved 2007-11-29
- "The Smoking Section Answers Your Questions", an interview with Scaggs about his time with Rolling Stone.
- "Dave Matthews Band: Audio Interview Outtakes, Video Premiere, Tour Photos and More", audio of Scaggs interviewing Dave Matthews in August 2007