From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Baikal is a Russian non-alcoholic drink of dark-brown color. The drink basis is water, the composition includes also sugar, citric acid, and carbon dioxide. It has been produced since 1969. It was developed as the Soviet analogue of Pepsi Сola. After the beginning of Pepsi Сola production in the USSR in 1973 the formula was revised. From 1973 Baikal has had an original formula.
Taste and tonic properties of the drink come from the following ingredients:
- Citric acid
- Carbon dioxide
- Herbal extract of Hypericum and Glycyrrhiza echinata root
- Extract of Eleutherococcus
- Essential oil of Eucalyptus
- Lemon essential oil
- Essential oil of Bay Laurel
- Isobornyl acetate.
- Технологическая инструкция по производству концентрата для напитка «Байкал» ТИ 18-6-26-85. Упрпиво Минпищепрома СССР. 1985 г.
- Официальный сайт ГУ ВНИИ ПБ и ВП