Bangladesh Coast Guard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Coast Guard Act 1994 was passed by the Parliament in September 1994. Formally, the Coast Guard came into being on 14 February 1995 and started her operational activities in December 1995 with two patrol craft received from Bangladesh Navy on loan. Since then, the Coast Guard has been active in several high-profile anti-piracy operations in close conjunction with the navy, army, BDR, and various security and police forces.
Bangladesh Coast Guard, being the prime national law enforcing authority at sea implements both national and international maritime laws.
Commodore A S M A Abedin (E), psc, BN is the present Director General of Bangladesh Coast Guard.
List of Director General (DG) of Bangladesh Coast Guard
- Commodore Shafiq-ur-Rahman (N) ncc psc BN
- Commodore M Shahabuddin (E) psc BN
- Commodore Shah Iqbal Mujtaba (D) ndc psc BN
- Captain S M H Kabir ndu psc BN (4th June 2002 - 21st March 2005)
- Commodore Sarwar Jahan Nijam (C) ndu psc BN (22nd March 2005 - 20th June 2006)
- Rear Admiral Sarwar Jahan Nijam (C) ndu psc BN (20th June 2006 - 9th February 2007)
- Commodore M A K Azad (G) ndc psc BN (10th February 2007 - 5th January 2008)
- Commodore Moqsumul Kader (C) ndc afwc psc BN (6th January 2008 -)
- Commodore A S M A Abedin (E), psc, BN
- Bangladesh Coast Guard Website
- Bangladesh Coast Guard Overview | Bangladesh Military Forcesbn:বাংলাদেশ কোস্ট গার্ড