Best Female College Athlete ESPY Award
The Best Female College Athlete ESPY Award has been presented annually since 2002 to the female sportsperson, irrespective of university represented or sport contested, adjudged to be the best in a given calendar year of those contesting collegiate sport in the United States through the National Collegiate Athletic Association. The award serves also to replace the Best Female College Basketball Player ESPY Award, which was presented annually between 1993 and 2001, inclusive.
Between 2002 and 2004, the award voting panel comprised variously fans; sportswriters and broadcasters, sports executives, and retired sportspersons, termed collectively experts; and ESPN personalities, but balloting thereafter has been exclusively by fans over the Internet from amongst choices selected by the ESPN Select Nominating Committee. The ESPY Awards ceremony is conducted in June and awards conferred reflect performance and achievement over the twelve months previous to presentation.
List of winners
- Best Male College Athlete ESPY Award
- National Collegiate Athletic Association awards
- ACC Athlete of the Year Award
- NCAA Woman of the Year Award
- Today's Top VIII Award
Sport-specific player of the year awards
- Basketball: Naismith College Player of the Year, John R. Wooden Award
- Ice hockey: Patty Kazmaier Award
- Lacrosse: Tewaaraton Trophy
- Soccer: Hermann Trophy, Soccer America Player of the Year Award
- ↑ Because of the rescheduling of the ESPY Awards ceremony, the award presented in 2002 was given in consideration of performance betwixt February 2001 and June 2002.