Darius Sunawala (born 1979) was one of Bangalore's most popular RJs. He used to host the evening show called Route 91 followed by a request show called Top 8@8. Although Sunawala became famous while he was with Radio City 91 FM he had previously worked with All India Radio and Indigo (when it was on the WorldSpace receiver). In 2000, Sunawala abandoned a successful course of M.B.A. studies half way through in order to take up a radio career with All India Radio.
His signature tag was to make callers mispronounce his name on air. This led to him eventually becoming more often called as 'Dowrieus'.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Creative Future Longlist". creativefuture.britishcouncil.org.in. http://creativefuture.britishcouncil.org.in/list-of-participants.htm. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- ↑ "The Hindu : Metro Plus Bangalore : Let live and let go". The Hindu. 2006-05-15. http://www.thehindu.com/thehindu/mp/2006/05/15/stories/2006051501820100.htm. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- ↑ "India media news marketing India advertising Indian brands tv media newspapers". www.exchange4media.com. http://www.exchange4media.com/peoplemovement/movement_fullstory.asp?section_id=23&news_id=18899&tag=13473. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- ↑ "The Hindu : Metro Plus Bangalore / Miscellany : New FM radio channel". www.thehindu.com. http://www.thehindu.com/mp/2007/03/10/stories/2007031000620400.htm. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Varma, Nikhil. "The Hindu : Metro Plus Bangalore / Events : Only telling tales". The Hindu. http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/12/08/stories/2008120851170300.htm. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Christopher, Kavvya (2003-09-24). "Bangalore's cool set finds theatre real hot-Bangalore Times-Cities-The Times of India". The Times of India. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/198934.cms. Retrieved 2009-03-07.