Digital Reader DR800SG
|This article may not meet the notability guidelines for products and services.Please help to establish notability by adding reliable, secondary sources about the topic. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged, redirected, or deleted. (November 2009)|
|This article does not cite any references or sources.|
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2009)
|Screen||124×165 mm (W×H),|
160 ppi density,
|Operating system||Linux (2.4 kernel)|
Graphical user interface,
next/prev/quick access buttons.
|CPU||400MHz Intel XScale.|
|Memory||64 MB RAM,|
256 MB (128 MB available) internal storage,
Expandable via CF cards.
|Connectivity||built in 3G adapter, USB 2.0 port.|
|Battery||Lithium Ion battery.|
|Physical size||150x193x106 mm (WxHxD)|
|Weight||400 g (13.7 oz)|
- an 8.1-inch (21 cm) electronic paper display, area for displaying content is 124x165mm
- a resolution of 768x1024 pixels (160 dpi)
- 16 levels of grayscale
- a USB 2.0 connector for external storage,
- a CompactFlash Type II slot for memory extension or other applications
- Mobile broadband (3G): CDMA-based
- 400 grams (14 oz) weight
- 400 MHz Intel XScale processor
- 64MB RAM
- 256MB internal flash memory (128 for user, 128 for system)
- Linux-based operating system (2.4 kernel)
- SDK is provided , so functionality is easily extended.
It measures 150 mm × 193 mm × 10 mm (width × height × depth), the size of an A5 document, or roughly a 6"×9" steno notebook. The display used is an active matrix electrophoretic display, which uses E Ink Vizplex Imaging Film manufactured by E Ink Corporation. Underneath the E Ink screen is a digitizing tablet by Wacom which requires a stylus for input.
The DR800SG is capable of displaying document files in a number of formats, including EPUB, PDF, XHTML and plain text. It can also display JPG, BMP and PNG images, but only black white in 16 grey scales.
Through its wireless service, 3G, the DR800SG can directly download content. Via the onboard "shopping mall" users can directly access several book stores and purchase their books direclty through their device. Users can connect to their computer and transfer files to their device via USB 2.0
The distributor of the DR800SG is iRex Technologies, a Philips spin-off company. The DR800SG has not been released jet, expected release is mid December, and will at first only be released for the USA market.
- List of e-book readers - similar devices