Eynsham Abbey was a Benedictine monastery in Eynsham, Oxfordshire, in England. King Aethelred allowed Aethelmar to found the abbey in 1005. After the Norman Conquest the abbey was reopened in 1086. The abbey flourished until the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1538. Anthony Kitchin was the last abbot. Some of the buildings were wrecked to hinder the return of the monks. The Earl of Derby acquired the abbey buildings, the stones of which were subsequently used to build houses in the village.
Coordinates: 51°46′43″N 1°22′26″W / 51.77861°N 1.37389°W