|Former Burgh constituency|
|for the House of Commons|
|Subdivisions of Scotland||City of Glasgow|
|Number of members||One|
|Replaced by||Glasgow Anniesland|
|Created from||Glasgow Scotstoun|
Glasgow Garscadden was a burgh constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom from 1974 until 1997. It elected one Member of Parliament (MP) using the first-past-the-post voting system.
This constituency comprised the north western periphery of the City of Glasgow.
In the 1983 redistribution the seat was only changed slightly. The whole of the old Garscadden formed 98.5% of the new constituency. A small area, further in towards the city centre, was detached from the pre-1983 Glasgow Hillhead and contributed the remaining 1.5% of the new Garscadden's electorate.
In terms of City of Glasgow electoral divisions the 1983 seat was defined as 9 (Drumry/Summerhill), 10 (Blairdardie/Knightscliffe), and 11 (Yoker/Knightswood).
|Feb 1974||Willie Small||Labour|
|1978 by-election||Donald Dewar||Labour|
|1997||constituency abolished: see Glasgow Anniesland|
|This section requires expansion. (June 2008)|
|General Election October 1974: Glasgow Garscadden|
|By-Election 13 April 1978: Glasgow Garscadden|
|Scottish Labour||Mrs S. Farrell||583||1.6||N/A|
|Socialist Workers||P. Porteous||166||0.5||N/A|
|This United Kingdom constituency article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Dictionary and translator for handheld
New : sensagent is now available on your handheld
A windows (pop-into) of information (full-content of Sensagent) triggered by double-clicking any word on your webpage. Give contextual explanation and translation from your sites !
With a SensagentBox, visitors to your site can access reliable information on over 5 million pages provided by Sensagent.com. Choose the design that fits your site.
Improve your site content
Add new content to your site from Sensagent by XML.
Crawl products or adds
Get XML access to reach the best products.
Index images and define metadata
Get XML access to fix the meaning of your metadata.
Please, email us to describe your idea.
Lettris is a curious tetris-clone game where all the bricks have the same square shape but different content. Each square carries a letter. To make squares disappear and save space for other squares you have to assemble English words (left, right, up, down) from the falling squares.
Boggle gives you 3 minutes to find as many words (3 letters or more) as you can in a grid of 16 letters. You can also try the grid of 16 letters. Letters must be adjacent and longer words score better. See if you can get into the grid Hall of Fame !
Change the target language to find translations.
Tips: browse the semantic fields (see From ideas to words) in two languages to learn more.