From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources.|
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (August 2007)
- A gravida is a pregnant woman.
- A nulligravida or gravida 0 is a woman who has never been pregnant.
- A primigravida or gravida 1 is a woman who is pregnant for the first time or has been pregnant one time.
- A multigravida or more specifically a gravida 2 (also secundigravida), gravida 3, and so on, is a woman who has been pregnant more than one time.
- An elderly primigravida is a woman in her first pregnancy, who is at least 35 years old.
- A " primigravida " is a woman who has been pregnant for the first time regardless if it is miscarriage or aborted.
|Look up Gravid in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- ^ "Gravidity and Parity Definitions (and their Implications in Risk Assessment) | Doctor | Patient UK". http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Gravidity-and-Parity-Definitions.htm. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- ^ Creinin MD, Simhan HN (March 2009). "Can we communicate gravidity and parity better?". Obstet Gynecol 113 (3): 709–11. doi:10.1097/AOG.0b013e3181988f8f. PMID 19300338. http://meta.wkhealth.com/pt/pt-core/template-journal/lwwgateway/media/landingpage.htm?issn=0029-7844&volume=113&issue=3&spage=709.
|This medical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This vocabulary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|