From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh Eun-Sun (born March 1, 1966, in Namwon, South Korea) is a South Korean female mountaineer. She was the first Korean female to climb the Seven Summits and is aiming to climb all fourteen of the eight-thousanders. On August 3, 2009, Oh reached the summit of Gasherbrum I, her thirteenth peak of the eight-thousanders. Oh is under the sponsorship of BlackYak, a South Korean outdoor product maker.
Although Oh claims to have climbed all but two eight-thousanders (Everest and K2) without supplementary oxygen, there are several witnesses who maintain that they saw her climbing on it.Moreover, some of her previous summits are under discussion.
- 1997 Gasherbrum II
- 2004 Everest
- 2006 Shishapangma
- 2007 Cho Oyu
- 2007 K2
- 2008 Makalu
- 2008 Lhotse
- 2008 Broad Peak
- 2008 Manaslu
- 2009 Kangchenjunga
- 2009 Dhaulagiri
- 2009 Nanga Parbat
- 2009 Gasherbrum I
- Seven Summits
- ^ http://www.8000ers.com/cms/download.html?func=startdown&id=146
- ^ Official Website (Korean)
- ^ Pasaban (Kangchenjunga): "Oh was climbing on O2 and heavily supported by a huge team"
- ^ Giuseppe Pompili noted (Nanga Parbat): “Miss Oh was the one climbing on Oxygen"
- ^ Some of her previous summits are yet to be confirmed though: "If not she may end the race in the same situation of Fausto De Stefani, Lodue and Alan Hinkes, with unrecognized conquests," notes Rodrigo Granzotto Peron
- ^ Information on Oh in MountEverest.com