From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Headquarters||Indianapolis, IN, United States|
|Key people||President: Mike Fitzgerald, Director of Business Development: Phill Miller, Director of Product Development: Dave Sandmeyer, Director of Client Success: Mark Lawler|
|Industry||eLearning, Technical Education|
|Products||Simulation-based online learning content for technical education|
|Operating income||Not disclosed|
|Net income||Not disclosed|
Oxygen Education is a privately held company that develops online training for technical education and workforce development. Oxygen Education was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Educational institutions, manufacturers, and workforce development initiatives use Oxygen Education content to provide technical training online. Oxygen Education content is SCORM compliant to integrate with learning management systems.
Online Training Content for Manufacturing Education
Oxygen Education’s library of online training content includes fundamental, intermediate, and advanced manufacturing education content in these areas and is continually updated and expanded to include emerging topics.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Blueprints & Drawings
- Green Technology
- Lean Manufacturing
- Personal Development
- Quality Systems
Custom Online Training Content
Oxygen Education creates custom content for online technical education for educational institutions, industry, and workforce development initiatives.
Community colleges, career and technical colleges, and other educational institutions create technical, certificate, and associate degree programs designed to train learners for local and regional employment opportunities by combining content from the Oxygen Education content library with custom programs developed by Oxygen Education that address local training needs and courses the institutions already provide.
Manufacturers use Oxygen Education custom content to provide customized employee training and to create product training.
- Mori Seiki – Oxygen Education creates customized training modules for machines produced by machine tool manufacturer Mori Seiki.
- Haas Automation – Oxygen Education and Haas Factory Outlets have partnered to create LearnHaas.com to help students and professionals learn to use Haas machines.
Workforce Development Initiatives
State and regional workforce development programs use Oxygen Education custom content to customize worker skills and retrain workers for local and regional employment.
- 2007 Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Awards, Custom Content Category  – Oxygen Education in partnership with Harley-Davidson Motor Company received a bronze award for its “ABB Robot Operator Training for Harley-Davidson Motor Company.”
- 2007 eLearning Demo Fest Best of Show and Best Product  – Oxygen Education’s “Emag Machine Operations Course for Harley-Davidson Motor Company” earned best of show and best product recognition at the eLearning Development Conference and Expo sponsored by the eLearning Guild.
- Machinery, 2009, “Seco Tools Talks Cost Reduction to Smaller Firms,” Machinery.co.uk.
- Manufacturing News, 2009, “Advanced Manufacturing Education Utilizes Internet Training,” Manufacturing News, Southwest.
- Pierson, Jay, 2009, “The CNC Report Podcast - Non Formal Education and LearnHaas.com,” The CNC Report.
- TrainingIndustry.com, 2009, “Purdue Signs Oxygen Education for Online Development Work,” TrainingIndustry.com.
- Branham, Brad, 2007, “Deconstructing Complexity,” CNC Machining Magazine, v. 11, issue 39, pps. 40-44.
- Haftl, Larry, 2006, “Effective Education,” American Machinist.
- Felix, Chris, 2005, “Online Training--A Lesson in Reality,” Production Machining.
- American Machinist, 2005, “Making the Complex Simple,” American Machinist.