From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ISO 24517-1:2008 is an ISO Standard that was published in 2007.
- Document management -- Engineering document format using PDF -- Part 1: Use of PDF 1.6 (PDF/E-1)
The PDF/E Standard specifies how the Portable Document Format (PDF) should be used for the creation of documents in engineering workflows.
Key benefits of PDF/E include:
- Reduces requirements for expensive & proprietary software
- Lower storage and exchange costs (vs. paper)
- Trustworthy exchange across multiple applications and platforms
- Cost-effectve and accurate means of capturing markups
- Developed and maintained by PDF/E ISO committee
The Standard does not define a method for the creation or conversion from paper or electronic documents to the PDF/E format.
- ^ ISO 24517-1:2008 - Document management -- Engineering document format using PDF -- Part 1: Use of PDF 1.6 (PDF/E-1)
- ^ Creating PDF/E-ready files