Shanghai Film Studio
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shanghai Film Studio was founded in 1949. Coincidentally in the same year in October 1, China would enter a new communist era led by Mao Zedong. As part of the Cultural Revolution that affected China for several years, many of the studio staff were forced to leave work. Much of the work was destroyed, the remaining ones were often propaganda films that further Mao Zedong's political campaign. The studio would reopen after the revolution era.
In 1996, the Shanghai Film and TV Group was founded, consisting of "Shanghai Studio", "Shanghai Film Lab", "Shanghai Film Development Company" and "Holiday Inn Crown Plaza Shanghai". In 1999, under the direction of General Manager Zhu Yongde, opened a new 62 acre modern equipped facility outside Shanghai for tourists and film production.
It has currently known as one of the three largest film studios in China.
Since then, the studio has been a key component in revitalizing the nation's animation industry. In 2001 it became part of the Shanghai Film Group Corporation.