The Muppet Show (comics)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Muppet Show|
Cover to The Muppet Show #1.
Art by Roger Langridge.
|Publisher||Boom Kids! (Boom! Studios)|
|Publication date||March 2009 – Present|
|Number of issues||10|
|Main character(s)||The Muppets|
|Meet the Muppets||ISBN 1608865274|
The Muppet Show is comic book based on the Variety TV series The Muppet Show and featuring Jim Henson's The Muppets. The series is written and drawn by Roger Langridge and published by Boom! Studios.
Dan Crown of IGN gave the first issue an 8.2 out of ten, saying "The idea of using a sketch comedy show as a vehicle for various and unique comic strips is borderline inspired. This book isn't just funny, in some ways it's revolutionary."
Eye on Comics gave the first issue a 9/10.
The first two story arcs are renumbered from 1, this was changed after the second story arc.
- Meet the Muppets (4 Issues)
- 1- Kermit's Story: Kermit is homesick and tries to go back to the swamp, the other Muppets must stop him.
- 2- Fozzie's Story: Fozzie is worried he isn't funny enough to remain in business.
- 3- Gonzo's Story: An insurance inspector comes and needs the species of all animals, but Scooter needs to find Gonzo's species in order to pass the inspection.
- 4- Piggy's Story: Miss Piggy is worried that the new fortune teller will steal Kermit from her.
- The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson (4 Issues)
- 1: Scooter finds a map revealing treasure in the Muppet Theater, Rizzo overhears this and starts the rats into digging up the treasure. Meanwhile Kermit is acting suspiciously cool. Meanwhile Dr. Bunson Honeydew gives Animal pills that make him act civilized, but he can't play drums.
- 2: Kermit comes back and reveals he hired the look-alike Kismit to act like him for a sketch. The Electric Mayhem tries to get Animal back to his crazy self.
- 3: Kismit and Rizzo teamed up and hire Kismit friends to help find the treasure. Electric Mayhem is still trying to get Animal back, but he's forgeting to take his pills and having strange blackouts.
- 4: Rizzo and Kismit really want the treasure, even if it means tearing down the theater! Animal goes off the treatment and turns back to his crazy self. The theater gets torn down and the treasure is turned out to be the theater, they sell rare stamps from letters and go on tour while the theater is being rebuilt.
After Peg-Leg Wilson, The Muppet Show Comic Book continued as an ongoing series, and started with a new #0
- Pigs in Space: The Movie (1 Issue)
- 0: Fozzie and Rizzo try to pitch a movie idea for "Pigs in Space" to a film producers (which at the end turns out to be Statler and Waldorf).
- On the Road: Muppet Show Comic Book (3 Issues)
- 1: As the Muppets start their tour after the events of Peg-Leg Wilson, Fozzie decides to go solo, and the gang learns about Statler and Waldorf's distant family.
Fairy Tale Issues
- Muppet Robin Hood (4 Issues)
- Muppet Peter Pan (4 issues)
- Muppet King Aurthur (4 Issues)
- Roger Langridge has tried two time to place Ernie and Bert from Sesame Street in The Muppet Show Comic Book, but has never been able to get away with it.
- ^ O'Shea, Tim (July 13, 2009). "Talking Comics with Tim: Roger Langridge". Robot 6. Comic Book Resources. http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/07/talking-comics-with-tim-roger-langridge/. Retrieved 2009-07-19.
- ^ Muppet Show #1 Review, IGN, March 25, 2009
- ^ It’s Time to Play the Music…, Eye on Comics, March 23, 2009
- The Muppet Show Comic Book #1 at BOOM! Studios.com
- The Muppet Show comic book on Muppet Wiki, an external wiki
- Welcoming the Muppets Back to Comics, Newsarama, January 27, 2009