|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. Please help improve this article by introducing appropriate citations of additional sources. (July 2008)|
|Origin||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Metalcore, groove metal, melodic death metal, industrial metal|
|Labels||Nuclear Blast, Sonic Unyon|
|Associated acts||Arkaea, Christian Olde Wolbers|
Threat Signal was formed in the late summer of 2003 by cousins Jon and Rich Howard, who then added the guitarist Kyle McKnight. The trio then found drummer Adam Matthews in early 2004. Threat Signal posted their song "Rational Eyes" on an international metal chart on GarageBand.com. After a few weeks, the song reached #1, and it has received many awards including best guitars, best drums, best male vocals, best production, song of the week, and song of the day. In August 2004, Eric Papky, Kyle's former guitar teacher, joined the band on bass. Success on GarageBand.com sparked some early record label interest and helped create a following even before the band had ever played live. In August 2005 Marco Bresette replaced Eric Papky on bass guitar.
Nuclear Blast and Under Reprisal
After spending the better part of 2004 and 2005 writing and recording demos, the band traveled to Los Angeles, to record with Christian Olde Wolbers of Fear Factory in September, 2005. In November 2005, the band announced they had signed a recording deal with Nuclear Blast records. In late 2005 Adam Matthews left the band, and he was replaced by George Parfitt. In July the band took part in Germany's Earthshaker Fest, alongside notable acts as Scar Symmetry, Communic, and Arch Enemy. On August 1, 2006, the band announced that guitarist Rich Howard had left the band to pursue other personal goals, and he was replaced by the band's bassist, Marco Bressette. This left the bass guitar duties vacant, and in late September Pat Kavanagh was announced as the new bassist. In October, the band began a North American trek with Soilwork, Mnemic, and Darkest Hour. The tour ended in November, but the band announced a headlining tour of North America in early 2007 as well.
New material, touring and line-up changes
In March 2007, Threat Signal began demoing new material, but was hampered by another departure, this time Marco Bressette's. The band announced a search for a new guitarist the same day. Threat Signal was tapped as the opener for the Tour and Loathing trek alongside Protest the Hero, All That Remains, Blessthefall, and The Holly Springs Disaster. Shortly after this tour, guitarist Kyle McKnight parted ways with Threat Signal in June 2007 due to personal differences with the remaining members of the band. The band's drummer, George Parfitt, also departed later in 2007 to focus on his family life. The remaining members of band, Jon Howard and Pat Kavanagh reformed the band’s line-up with the new additions of drummer Norm Killeen and guitarists Travis Montgomery and Adam Weber.
In July, Nuclear Blast announced the band's sophomore album "Vigilance" will be released on September 8, 2009 in North America and September 11, 2009 in Europe. They have two new songs off the album entitled "The Beginning of the End" and "Beyond Recognition" on their band myspace. They have also released, on July 15, an approximately 32 minute "making of" video for their new record "Vigilance". It contains footage from the recordings and song writing processes of their new album and interviews with the band members.On 27th of August Nuclear Blast uploaded the videoclip for the song "Through My Eyes" via YouTube.
The full album Vigilance began streaming on the band's MySpace as of 4th September. It sold about 1,100 copies in its first week of sale in the US.
- Jon Howard – vocals (Since 2003)
- Pat Kavanagh – bass guitar, backing vocals (Since 2006)
- Travis Montgomery – guitar (Since 2007)
- Norman Killeen – drums (Since 2007)
- Adam Weber – guitar (Since 2007)
- Kyle McKnight – guitar (2003–2007)
- Rich Howard – guitar, backing vocals (2003–2006)
- Eric Papky – bass guitar (2004-2005)
- Marco Bressette – bass guitar (2005-2006), guitar (2006–2007)
- Adam Matthews – drums (2004-2005)
- George Parfitt – drums (2005-2007)
- "Rational Eyes" (Nuclear Blast), 2006)
- "A New Beginning" (Nuclear Blast, 2008)
- "Through My Eyes" (Nuclear Blast, 2009)
- ↑ GarageBand.com : Threat Signal
- ↑ Threat Signal Sign with Nuclear Blast Records, on Blabbermouth.net
- ↑ Threat Signal Announce New Drummer, on Blabbermouth.net
- ↑ Communic, Threat Signal Confirmed for Germany'S Earthshaker Fest, on Blabbermouth.net
- ↑ Threat Signal Parts Ways with Guitarist, on Blabbermouth.net
- ↑ Threat Signal Announces New Bassist, on Blabbermouth.net
- ↑ Soilwork, Darkest Hour, Mnemic: More Tour Dates Announced, on Blabbermouth.net
- ↑ Threat Signal: Tour Dates Announced, on Blabbermouth.net
- ↑ Threat Signal 'Writing And Demoing' New Material, on Blabbermouth.net
- ↑ Threat Signal: Guitarist Marco Bressette Leaves The Fold, on Blabbermouth.net
- ↑ Threat Signal Launches Guitarist Search, on Blabbermouth.net
- ↑ Threat Signal Added to 'Tour And Loathing' Dates, on Blabbermouth.net