From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up transmutation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Transmutation may refer to:
In pre-scientific experimentation:
- Alchemy; some alchemists sought a way to turn inexpensive metals such as lead into gold.
In radiochemistry and nuclear physics:
- Nuclear transmutation, the conversion of one chemical element or isotope into another through nuclear reaction.
- Dimensional transmutation, a physical mechanism that transforms a pure number into a parameter with a dimension.
- Transmutation of species, the alteration of one species into another.
- Biological transmutation, a form of nuclear transmutation said by some scientists to occur within living organisms
- Transmutation is sometimes used as a synonym for transubstantiation of the Eucharist
In film and television:
- Transmutate, a character from the Transformers series Beast Wars.
- "Human Transmutation", the 46th episode of the anime series Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Transmutation circle, a circle used to perform alchemy in Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Transmutation (Mutatis Mutandis), an album by the supergroup Praxis.
- Transmutation, an album by the Brazilian death metal band Ophiolatry.
- Transmutation is a theory that holds a person can modify the status or ownership of assets they own from separate property to marital property. Fehring v. Fehring, 58 A.D.3d 1061 (3rd Dept. 2009)
- Sexual transmutation, an attempt to transform sexual energy into creativity and thereby facilitate spiritual awakening
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.|
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.